International Exchanges boost our economy, make us safer and help American communities solve problems.
GlobalPittsburgh provides value to the Pittsburgh region by forging international connections that provide economic, educational and professional benefits to local companies, institutions and people through:
Welcoming — We help welcome international newcomers to make them feel comfortable in the community;
Connecting — By setting up meetings with visiting international delegations, we create opportunities for business deals and consulting contracts;
Engaging — We arrange person-to-person meetings that increase international awareness in the local community;
- Informing — Our database of international leaders we have hosted over the years could be valuable for those traveling or seeking new business abroad;
- Stimulating the Economy — By welcoming visiting delegations and international students, GlobalPittsburgh programs make a significant financial impact on the region.
By the Numbers
In 2019, GlobalPittsburgh programming infused approximately $270,000 into the local economy. We hosted over 400 international visitors, arranged nearly 7,800 homestay nights for students and professionals participating in training programs, arranged 1,056 hotel room nights in the region, and set up meetings with 220 professionals representing area institutions, companies and university departments.
- Helps build a more peaceful and prosperous world
- Helps local businesses learn how better to compete in a global marketplace
- Prepares individuals for success in an increasingly global workplace
- Connects local governments to their overseas counterparts to share best practices and find solutions to global challenges together
- Gives the United States allies in leadership positions in communities all over the world
- Enhances our national security