Interns and Volunteers
GlobalPittsburgh offers unpaid internships and volunteer opportunities to a select number of students on a year-round basis.
Interns and volunteers have an opportunity to:
- Learn firsthand about non-profit management
- Participate in the development of programming for international visitors who are sponsored by the U.S. Department of State
- Work on special projects with international visitors, international volunteers, and GlobalPittsburgh members
- Assist with organizing member activities, public events, and fundraising activities
- Assist in the development of professional resources
- Conduct research on potential programming resources
- Update the website and work with social media as well as the GlobalPittsburgh newsletter
- Attend networking events and more
Work Study Opportunities
GlobalPittsburgh is an approved work-study employer in Pennsylvania upon acceptance at your college or university. Our offices are located at 305 34th Street, in Lawrenceville. This is an excellent way to gain experience working in the field of international relations, event planning, marketing communications and more.
For More Information
If you are interested in volunteering or interning at GlobalPittsburgh, please e-mail your resume and a cover letter to Gail Shrott, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.